DEL 5.88% 3.6¢ delorean corporation limited

2022 definitely feels like a lost year for this company. It's...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    2022 definitely feels like a lost year for this company. It's revealing, when going back through old announcements and presentations from 12 months ago, how the start dates of various projects have been quietly changed or deleted. If I hear the words "Planum" or "imminent" or "final stages" one more time (without the word "approved" in the same sentence) I'm going to lose the plot completely.

I am also disappointed how VIC1 and SA1 were described as being "under construction" or something similar, when in fact construction hasn't even begun and they're awaiting funding. The SA1 site still has all the original trees growing on the land.

I note DEL's office hours on Google Maps are 8am to 5pm. And that's WA time. It's almost the middle of the night in NZ and in the eastern states. I wonder what 30 people there are doing all day in their office? I thought they'd open at 9 or even 9.30. to cater to us in the central/east time zones, and I'm surprised at an office opening at 8am anywhere. Good or bad, I don't know; but it surprised me. Hopefully the staff there are busy improving the enterprise value of DEL by planning the build of future plants, dealing with Brickworks, etc.

The higher interest rates go, the more nervous I get about funding for the pipe dream to come through. The professional PPT presentations and websites are very impressive. I love the progression from the earliest versions to the 500 million dollar pipe dream we have now, with the growing number of little coloured anaerobic digestion plants. Next stop, $1 billion. I shouldn't be too critical though. Many here would not know I'm an AFL coach with Gawn, Hawkins and Daicos in my team, in addition to my occasional HC contributions. It may be a Supercoach team in a fantasy football league but I won't accept any criticism, damn it. It's real, okay?

Flippant jokes aside, my feeling is that something, in some form, gets approved before Christmas which allows SA1 and VIC1 to commence. Maybe not $200 million; possibly not even $100 million. Perhaps we have to give up part ownership in the projects and the terms aren't ideal. But I suspect some type of satisfaction is achieved and we live to fight another day. And, that the share price responds with strong exuberance on the day. If l were holding an uncomfortably large position, I'd be trimming it back with a resurgenct share price in the mid-teens, at or near my break-even point, after such announcement.

I'll share an anecdote from Rick Rule, a commodities (mostly gold and uranium) investor who is prominent online. He said that many years ago he avoided investing in companies' stock which had gone from 25¢ to $1.00. He felt bad he'd missed the boat at 25¢ and didn't want to pay 4 x the previous price. Later in life he realised the stock was actually *cheaper* at $1.00. The reason being it had de-risked, with various discoveries/permitting/approvals now in-play and he was paying a fair price for knowledge he didn't have before. And how most small mining companies don't become profitable at all. I'm thinking about how I can apply that to my small DEL investment. I'm thinking DEL becomes cheaper at 15¢ when (if?) financing is sourced as a lot of risk is removed.

I dislike up/downrampers on HC with their wild price predictions. However it's difficult to put a floor on this share price. Pull any number out of the air an it's plausible. 5 cents? Sure, why not? It can always go lower. The year-to-date graph is appalling; ZIP-esque I wonder why the directors haven't started buying parcels of shares because they know 8 cents is an absolute bargain. Maybe they can't due to ASX rules. I wonder also why a large prominent company (Fortescue, Cleanaway, Brickworks, etc.) hasn't taken interest and bought 19.9% of the shares available. $3-4 million wouldn't even be loose change to any ASX200 company if the prospects for AD plants are so good.

The point made by LongCleanEnergy about Hamish and Joe's lack of social media interviews in the past six months is one I've previously raised in other long rants here. It's in contrast to 2021 when they were much more visible. Busy working? Or tail between their legs and dealing with an uncomfortable reality? I don't know the answer.

As for the MD of the Year award. I've never heard of this magazine. I've never heard of the sponsors of the event. And nor have I heard of 90% of the other nominees for their various awards or the companies they represent. I'd like to know the criteria for these awards and if nominees self-nominate or how they are chosen. Check it out yourself and see how many of the other names/companies you recognise.

Thats all for me today. I'd promised myself I'd give these DEL posts a rest for a while, but here we are...

Long live the King .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.002(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $7.765M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.6¢ 3.2¢ $4.901K 140.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 749 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.