PEK 0.00% 22.0¢ peak rare earths limited

good to see I have stirred up the debateguys you have to also...

1. 3,237 Posts.
    good to see I have stirred up the debate

guys you have to also anticipate the worst - if you do then you will be prepared

to me it looks like PEK management is doing just that (or perhaps they have been told by a potential off take partner) based on this news ...

"During the test work it was determined that cerium could be selectively removed early in the flowsheet to produce a separate high grade concentrate of approximately 65% cerium oxide. The removal of the majority of lower value cerium at the early stage provides additional options in terms of products for further processing or sale and reduces the size of plant required for the later stages of the hydrometallurgical process"

http://www.raremetalblog.com/2012/08/peak-resources-reaches-new-highs-with-milestone-high-grade-rare-earth-product.html

+++++++++++++++++

I'll answer your questions tretchikoff as follows:-

tretchikoff said:-
    Why does an NTU director attend PEK meetings as a top twenty shareholder with a seven figure shareholding if PEKs REEs are so uneconomic?

LTL reply:-
    The NTU director you claim who has PEK shares, well think about it ... he can afford to throw a little money around, after all his major shareholding is in NTU a true high grade HEAVY rare earth explorer which he knows is going to get into production ... how does he know that ....

because NTU have some of the highest grades of Dysprosium in the world, the NTU ore has very few of the rubbish light rare earths (compare that to PEK), the cost for NTU to get into production is very low compared to most other explorers especially PEK

What are NTUs REEs worth in dollars based on your jorc? You do have one of those I take it?

LTL reply:-
    Clever question - because you know NTU as yet does not have a JORC - it's due before the end of the year ,,,, the fact is NTU have been completing the metallurgy test work in conjuction with asseying this slowed down the JORC but sped up the metallurgy which is now complete and is being optimised. Look out when NTU's JORC arrives because I expect off take agreements will quickly follow

MOAs and offtakes can change or disappear. Whats proven in the ground cannot

LTL response:-
    thats the whole point - now your getting it - the PEK ore composition can't change and so to get into production you have to deal with that in an economic way

Except for being apparently argumentative why do you keep turning up here? Is it not enough to argue with your more elloquent comrades on the NTU thread?

Firstly "of course" it's to inform PEK shareholders of newsworthy items relating to PEK that I stumble across - and the one I posted above appears particularly relevant to PEK

Secondly it's to reciprocate the goodwill shared by PEK posters who initiated visits to the NTU thread - before I started visiting the PEK thread

PEKs LREEs are worth a truckload except I agree ATM Cerium which has liitle/no current value. PEK has more valuable HREEs (due to the sheer tonnage of the deposit) than the relatively (tonnage wise)small NTU or virtually any other REE deposit in the free world for that matter.

PEK has a world class REE deposit all right in cerium, which is unwanted - deal with it - because you have to - you can't get to the more valuable rare earths in PEK's deposit before you have - and it;s going to be expensive

What are PEK's scooping study numbers again?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good luck to all PEK shareholders ... with ore composition like that you're gonna need it big time

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.