CGF 0.29% $6.89 challenger limited

Comprehensive Retirement Income Products, page-30

1. 1,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1355
    @Just_a_guy

Having read your last post again, I can now see that the point you were making was slightly different, i.e. whether CGF could actually benefit from a prolonged melt-up in asset prices (i.e. from lower yields across the board).

I am not so sure about that one, all else being equal. The point is that, when both equities and bonds are going up, all funds (whether they are labelled as “growth”, “balanced”, “income” or whatever else) tend to do very well on a mark-to-market basis. And, when people get used to seeing mark-to-market growth of 10% pa or more, they are disinclined to switch into products with yields in the low single digits, in absence of legislation pushing in that direction.

In this regard, I do expect the new CIPR framework to help significantly, in terms of future superannuation allocation, but that is irrespective of the future direction of yields.

Arguably, one good thing about having low benchmark yields and low risk premiums is that it allows for cheap financing; on balance, though, I still see such a scenario as representing a risk for CGF.

That said, as I tried to articulate in my previous post, it is not a scenario that I personally see as being likely to persist in the medium/long term.

Hope this clarifies my previous post a bit.
    Last edited by Transversal: 15/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.89
Change
0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $4.761B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.99 $6.88 $7.286M 1.052M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1818 $6.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.90 13335 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CGF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.