Computer says NO to the Egg and Lettuce Sandwich !

1. 288 Posts.
    Am putting this on the humour thread as nowhere else seems applicable.
    This actually happened today at a major shopping centre . After shopping for a couple of hours Mrs. HiHoAg wanted a simple Egg and Lettuce sandwich for lunch as she is on diet .

Went to the food court and there was only one food outlet in the food court displaying a few sandwiches . Asked if they could make an Egg and Lettuce sandwich to which the reply was "Sorry we do not do egg and lettuce sandwiches."

Ok , we decided a coffee shop was the best bet as surely they would make one.

The only Coffee shop available was a major franchise (of a Club nature) and it went something like this :

" Hi , do you make egg and lettuce sandwiches ?"
    - "Yes we do"
    "Could I order one please on brown bread"
    - "Certainly"

After about 30 long seconds of confused looks and punching in a lot of codes , the shop assistant says :
    -"What was that order again please ?"
    "Just a plain egg and lettuce sandwich on brown bread please , no mayo ."

- "Ok , thankyou"

Another 30 seconds passes, then :

- "There we go , that will be $9.00 thank you !"

As I pass over the money I said " There must be a lot of profit in that , is that price correct ? "

-Looks at the keyboard and says " Ahhh Yes , it is $7.50 for a salad sandwich and you have an egg extra , so that is another $1.50"

" But I don't want egg and salad , I only want lettuce with egg ? "

-" I only have a key here for salad so that is the minimum price , and the egg is extra ."

"Ok then ?"

- "So would you like the egg grilled or poached and do you want it beside the sandwich ?"

" Neither ! Sorry , don't you understand , I just want a plain egg and lettuce sandwich on brown please ?"

- "I'm sorry . I misunderstood you , I thought you wanted a lettuce sandwich with an egg beside it . I only have a key for grilled or poached and thought it would be beside the sandwich ?"

"No , l just want an egg and lettuce sandwich . You know the egg and the lettuce are on the same sandwich ?"

- "Yes OK , I'll make a separate note for the kitchen."

"Ok , thank you" ??????

Assistant calls the manager to check the price .

He punches some keys and says to the assistant :
    "It should be this price as he points to the screen , so refund the difference ."

To which the assistant rings the till and hands back 10 cents and says :
    "There's your change , sorry for the mistake"

HiHoAg retires to the end of the counter to wait for the order thinking that he has been talking a foreign language.

About 10 minutes later , the takeaway order arrives .

Mrs HiHo opens it and it is a hot poached egg cut in half on lettuce in a sandwich , so says to the assistant :
    "The egg is poached and hot on top of the lettuce ?"

- "Oh sorry , is it toasted ?"

"No it's not toasted ."

- "Did you want toasted ?"

"No , I just wanted an egg and lettuce sandwich . You know , a cold mashed egg with lettuce on a sandwich ?"

Assistant : " Oh , we only do hot eggs here . You can have Grilled , poached or boiled , hot . We don't do cold eggs here ! " and smirks.

At that point HiHoAg felt like shoving the egg up someone's starfish .
    Managing to maintain composure and realizing the egg was hot , I chose the diplomatic approach and asked the assistant if she knew how to make the egg cold ?

This was met with the now familiar gaze as if we were speaking Swaheelee .

"You just run it under cold water after it is boiled , then mash it "

The motto here is : "Sorry we don't have a key for that ???"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We headed home deciding we will take an interpreter next time and stopped at Seven Eleven on the way home and bought a cold egg and lettuce sandwich and two coffees for $7.00 and were in and out in 2 minutes .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.