ASX 0.45% $64.98 asx limited

MaxProfit may have a good point ... set up your PC totally for...

1. 214 Posts.
    MaxProfit may have a good point ... set up your PC totally for Australia, there are at least two seperate settings for this in the internet options from memory.

I was having huge problems last christmas so I bought a monster of a box/PC .... dual core high speed processor with 2gig of RAM, which was considered a "gamers" computer and more powerfull by far than the average home or office PC ... and I use XP Pro ... and I am considering getting more RAM as chrissy present to myself

Note that recent bench tests have shown the Office 2007 tasks perform about 30% faster with XP than Vista.

PT2 seems very RAM hungry, even more so since the recent upgrade, and if you are running Vista which in itself is very RAM hungry, you may have to bite the bullet and increase your RAM ... a lot of your symptoms do sound like you are RAMming out ...

More and more web pages are being designed for broadband, and have RAM hungry "java scripts" ... so beware of what else you are trying to do at the same time as using PT2 ... also if your PC does not have a seperate video card with dedicated memory space, PT2 could be sucking so much memory the display is not refreshing quick enough.

Sorry to say the Commsuc may be right in saying that the fault may be with your PC ... but the fault could be that they can't design their software to run efficiently ....

I hope this input helps ... and if all else fails, I have used Quote tracker in conjunction with the regular Commsuc web page ... http://www.quotetracker.com/ ... not to bad at all actually, and has even still worked on the rare occasion that both PT2 and PT1 are giving me the shytes.

Cheers ... TD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.98
Change
0.290(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $12.59B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.60 $64.98 $64.08 $16.08M 248.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12869 $64.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.00 10329 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.