OMN 0.00% 97.0¢ onemarket limited

Concept stock orphan, page-50

1. 16,686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8134
    "Guess OMN is a publicly listed company in Australia because the governance is well a bit of a misnomer. "

So the Lowys decided to list OMN here to take advantage of low levels of governance?
    (That's one for the books.)

"HIH, energy companies, Alinta, Babcock & Brown, financials like STORM, education companies like ABC LEarning, the mineral companies, Pasminco"

So you think that when businesses fail it is because of low levels of governance and compliance?

You sure those companies you listed weren't simply fundamentally flawed businesses made worse by incompetent managers?

"...all the insider trading, it does in fact surprise me that Australia still remains with a similar system to the one that it had when the market was created, or the "market" in 1788. It is good and quaint in a way."

It is becoming an increasingly held observation of mine that, in an age where personal accountability is becoming a bit of a rarity, certain people like to blame manipulators or regulators (or something or other) whenever they make poor investment decisions.
    Last edited by madamswer: 11/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.