OMN 0.00% 97.0¢ onemarket limited

"My guess is that the OMN concept is something Steven Lowy felt...

1. 16,686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8133
    "My guess is that the OMN concept is something Steven Lowy felt passionate about, and genuinely believed could be a success, and the rest of the family backed the project to support him."

and

"Adding it all up, it just seems to be only logical that OMN be taken private at some point. Maybe Steven Lowy could form a consortium with some US venture capital firm and buy OMN holders out. Would seem to be a sensible course of action for the Lowy's to take, imo."

Again, it begs the question why they didn't simply cut a cheque and buy the entire thing for themselves when they sold Westfield to Rodamco.

If you feel passionate about some or other business idea, why have a mere partial stake in it when you could easily own the entire thing?

Why be so kind to a bunch of total strangers as to let them come along for the ride, and enjoy the fruits as the company moves up the value curve?

If you believe that this is indeed going to be a billion dollar business, then why not keep it in private hands until such time as it is worth a billion dollars, and then take it public?

And then, as you rightfully say, there's the fact that this business has precious little to do with Australia, in an operational sense, yet Australia is where the company's stock is quoted.

So many questions; its quite a riddle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.