OMN 0.00% 97.0¢ onemarket limited

Sure, I hear you in terms of dilution and the difficulty with...

1. 5,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Sure, I hear you in terms of dilution and the difficulty with respect to valuing a loss making business, but unfortunately in the tech world, loss making, is synonymous. I mentioned WhatsApp, but Uber and tesla are two other examples, while even Amazon was loss making years and years after its birth. If onemarket can be self sustaining early then that will be a bonus but I think there’s a very high chance that onemarket and it’s lofty ambition will result in future dilution (hope I’m wrong), just as pe owned tech companies have multiple rounds of funding (and therefore dilution) like Uber.

What I meant about the spinoff, and clearly I could be way off the mark, is that if the lowys had ‘bought’ onemarket off Westfield or URW*,for a relatively nominal sum, and the company executed on its strategy and becomes a world class tech company valued in the billions, I would imagine holders, including myself, would feel a bit short changed, as it was my money in wfd that funded its inception.

* assuming in the urw buyout the lowys decided they wanted to keep a high percentage ownership in omn, or urw didn’t place any value on omn.
    Last edited by Just_a_guy: 22/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.