VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

concerns and feedbck, page-8

1. 636 Posts.
    BIGONE, Re your concerns and feedback. The lack of clarity and potential governance risks around the JV was a main reason I exited. As to whether all shareholders are being looked after equally....in common with many small spec stocks there are different factions at work. As well as the chinese large shareholders, there also seems to be the "block" that formed late last year. That "block" of shareholders included the ex Chairman/ "fiveways group" connection, a large shareholder in his own right based on the top 20. I find the bottom paragraph from Sungar's post below (extracted from the website) interesting. The website no longer exists, but if someone is "seconded" from a top 5 shareholder, you'd expect them to be looking after the interests of the that company, especially when Frank was a founder/shareholder. Given he is/was an ORD employee - I wondered when the "seconded" part stopped. The Cap Raising in March 2009 also is interesting reading. Hard to see who's really protecting ALL shareholder interests?

post below from jun 2011 - user "Sungar" if you want to search and see responses
    He extracted content from their website

....post...

The following are excerpts from http://fivewaysgroup.com/ that I found and thought I would share as it looks pretty fresh.

Frank Zhu is a founder and Head of Corporate Finance in Five Ways Group (?FW Group?). FW Group is a privately owned and operated investment group that focuses on strategic advisory, capital raising, principal investment and funds management.

FW Group is a top 5 shareholder in Ord River Resources Limited (ASX: ORD). FW Group is actively engaged in a multi-million dollar timber mill restructure in regional NSW and promoting a multi-million dollar coal project in Africa for a potential IPO on ASX. FW Group is currently raising a private investment fund to invest in its large pipeline of attractive corporate and project deals.

Frank was instrumental in ORD?s successful involvement in the publicly announced A$500million acquisition of Caledon Resources plc. Frank devised the Option Agreement that enabled ORD to have a risk free exposure to Caledon?s upside post acquisition by ORD?s Chinese partner. ORD is now developing a US$500m bauxite project in Laos, an A$10m copper project in Western Australia and two A$5m gold projects in Northern Territory and New South Wales.

Frank counts Hr. Bob Hawke and Hr. Paul Keating among his friends and mentors. Bob Hawke was introduced by Frank to ORD and became an advisor to ORD in 2010.

We are in the process of promoting an A$10million+ coal project in Africa for a potential IPO on ASX.

In early 2010 FW Group was involved in advising a Chinese group in assessing a potential acquisition of Griffin Coal in Western Australia.

2. Principal Investments: FW Group invests its own capital in attractive opportunities and applies its operational and corporate expertise to create wealth for all investors.

FW Group is a top 5 shareholder in Ord River Resources Limited (ASX: ORD). In 2009 Frank Zhu was seconded to ORD as an Executive Director and Head of Corporate. Frank has successfully raised A$5.7million for ORD in 2009 and was instrumental in ORD?s role in the publicly announced A$500million takeover of Caledon Resources plc in 2010.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.