IGR 0.00% 50.0¢ integra mining limited

cone of silence, page-16

1. 13,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3941
    I agree Ocracoke,

The best way to avoid another bid is to get both sp's up to make any competitor have to pay a higher price.

Angers said;
    "I have a buy order in, but getting nervous; been done by IGR too many times in the past."

Angers, I have traded IGR a few times since the merger was announced but I don't currently hold IGR.
    I too got nervous- about the possibility that the deal doesn't go through. Seems quite unlikely, but you never can be sure.
    There was an easy solution for me. Stop trading IGR and stick to SLR. If the deal does fall through at least I am left holding the better run company.
    SLR was trading around 2.83 before the merger news. POG has run since then with most gold stocks so SLR may have been around the current price without the merger. If the deal falls through, there may be a kneejerk reaction in SLR either way but there should not be too much of a move.
    I doubt the same can be said about IGR's sp.
    On the other hand there is also the small chance that a competing bid pushes IGR higher, but that seemed a gamble not worth taking -more downside (on no deal) than upside (competing bid).

If there are no major tax issues, if I was a holder of IGR I would be tempted to switch to SLR to take advantage of the large rebound in the sp of IGR. If the deal goes through, no harm done (other than potential tax), if the deal fails, you would have to be glad you switched.
    You would only regret it if there was a competing bid, but with investing its about risk/reward and doing what makes sense and not worrying about what might be missed.

Angers you said you were nervous. I have learned (often enough the hard way) that when I get nervous, its time to sell and buy something which does not make me nervous.

I would like to see this deal finalised for all of us.
    It is a good merger.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.