UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

conference call, page-62

1. 1,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Anf0,

I would normally have agreed with you comments about the agressive young bull( pun intended). Below I will give you some reason why you may be correct.

In the media, if someone makes a mistake...especially if it is a pretty monumental mistake most editors would be keen for it to go away. Best way for this to happen is to be very very quiet.

You can bet Brown was dragged over the coals in order to review his facts and make sure the i's and T's are sorted. If they were happy with their position, they may still have gone quiet but perhaps when the bear called Forbes was poked it got cranky. Backed by rechecked facts, Forbes clearly came out punching.

Now days, sometimes editorial is can actually be published online directly without going through subeditors. I do not know how Forbes process works in this regard.

My concern again, may be that despite using the affidavits as their source...paperwork that has been alleged to be submitted to the SEC, I have mentioned that this still does not mean it is right.

For example.

I go to the police and report someone for a crime. Swear on a stack of affidavits and have just enough physical evidence to make the police believe. A prosecution was possible. In Australia, if the media then write about the issue, subjudicy becomes an issue. I am not sure what the law is in the USA. If the media then publish before trial based on me going to them with my actual affidavit then all may be fine...they can say they have seen the documentation...

Imagine then if on the first day of trial my notes are torn apart by the defense and I collapse in a screaming heap admitting I made it up.

Plausible deniability.

The paper could argue that they published based on the affidavit that were primary to the case. Does this make their publishing right?

Now and argument FOR your case.

Like most media organizations, Forbes are wrestling with how to make revenue and more importantly, how to make the Internet work for them.
    They get a story handed to a young nobody in brown just to get him out of the way and let him cut his teeth.

Imagine their surprise when not only to retail investors go nuts in the USA but suddenly he is getting phone calls and e,ails from Australia...and a number of them. His twitter account comes alive and this all translates to hits.

Even the company gets excited and writes a letter which they widely distribute a,o get this emotional band of retails investors. Just like we anti up with opportunities on the market, Forbes may have seen the same opportunity with regards to reads and hits

Their plausible deniability is outlined above.

Maybe a better angle would be a gag order on the case in front of the SEC.

Angry yes, but Brown would only have done as much as the leash he was given allowed. And, we continue to talk about him.

Sorry to offer two arguments against each other.

Periculum

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.