LYC 0.16% $6.29 lynas rare earths limited

Confidence growing

1. 1,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Great to see the LYC sp start moving upwards again.

All the green lights flashing for me.

Did some more desktop research offer the weekend and found a few interesting sources of information, here is a couple of links from last quarter which I got the most out of and which may have been forgotton (sorry if they have been posted before)?

http://investorintel.com/rare-earth...ayment-plan-permanent-operating-license-lamp/

'Lynas Corp has announced it will raise prices for its neodymium-praseodymium Nd-Pr compound as well as overall prices starting in January 2015 in three different pricing tiers with the increases ranging from 8-20% in order to allow customers to “better manage their raw material inventories.” Lynas will also introduce new products including separated Nd, Pr and LCP (Lanthanum, Cerium, and Praseodymium). The new materials offer customers a better variety of than what even the Chinese producers have been putting on the market. Lynas said that magnet producers have preferred to base their formulations on the Nd-Pr combination rather than Nd alone in order to cut costs'.

'Given the atomic proximity of Nd and Pr, these two rare metals share many characteristics and many Chinese companies no longer even offer the two elements separately. Some industries, such as glass and ceramics, do need separated neodymium and praseodymium oxides and the shortage of supply from China has led to price increases, prompting Lynas’s strategy. Could the confidence of Lynas’s financiers be a sign of more profitable change for the rare earths sector in general?'

--
    and; Rare earth elements: Simple commodity or strategic vulnerability?

mmmm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.29
Change
-0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.879B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.37 $6.29 $15.63M 2.473M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1079 $6.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.31 10515 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.