PEN 5.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

confidence in pens future

1. 1,868 Posts.
    I have absolute confidence in a positive future for PEN. Having spoken with the CEO for an hour an half one day and the Finance Director at the last Canary event I am in doubt as to where the company is heading...and that is positively up.

However the Company has changed. Gus said to us that he wanted to build PEN to be an EXT and I think he will. I cannot think of a junior ASX company that has the quality of the men I have profiles (pasted) below on its board.Members of this forum have criticized Gus lately but understand that his position is now under heavy scrutiny from big heavyweights

Does anyone think that a person like James Cornell comes on board and doesn't change the direction of things? I would speculate that PEN will be targetting far more than just bowling along the hoop that we here on HC have been contemplating for all this time. I will bet London to a brick that he, like Gus, has far bigger things in mind. Things that just might derail the timeline of DFS and the like. Glass is half full and getting fuller..cheers P
    OH nearly forgot this,.......

Jim Cornell, Chief Executive Officer and President. (NuCore)

Mr. Cornell has over 22 years of experience in the nuclear industry. He joined Nukem Inc. in 1987 as a Vice President of Trading and became President and Chief Executive Officer of the company in 1997. During his tenure as President and Chief Executive Officer, Nukem grew into one of the largest suppliers of nuclear fuel worldwide. Based on annual uranium deliveries, it continues to rank along with Cameco, AREVA, Rio Tinto Uranium, and BHP Billiton in the top five uranium suppliers. Mr. Cornell?s principal responsibilities involved the management of Nukem?s uranium purchase and sale agreements, as well as its inventory holdings. While at Nukem, Mr. Cornell served as one of the principal negotiators of the historic U.S.-Russian HEU Agreement and negotiated long-term uranium marketing arrangements with Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. In addition, he developed long-term teaming arrangements with major industry participants including General Electric, Westinghouse, Cameco, AREVA and Babcock and Wilcox. Mr. Cornell is recognized as a leading authority on the nuclear fuel market. Prior to his tenure at Nukem, Mr. Cornell spent 10 years in the coal trading business. He holds a B.A. from Wesleyan University and an M.B.A. from Cornell University.

Michael Barton - Senior Vice President (PALA)

Michael is currently a Director of WDS Ltd (ASX:WDS), Peninsula Energy Ltd (ASX:PEN), Sierra Rutile Ltd (AIM:SRX), Dumas Contracting Ltd and Tercon Investments Limited. In addition to his involvement in many of Pala?s largest transactions, including Pala?s investments in Anatolia Minerals Development Corporation, Avoca Resources Limited, Dumas Contracting Limited and Norcast Wear Solutions, Mike led Pala?s investments in Peninsula and Tercon.

Prior to joining Pala, Michael was at Hatch Corporate Finance, a company specializing in the metals and mining industry. Michael worked on a broad spectrum of transactions in the sector, including Rio Tinto?s investment in Ivanhoe Mines, the disposal of EnterTad?s steel distribution business, seed financing of RecovCo, a start-up aluminum recycler, negotiation of a major debt facility for Cambrian Mining, appraisal of and investment in metallurgical coal prospects for Tata Steel, and the development of several early-stage mining projects through partnership agreements, including Crew Minerals with Jilin Jien Nickel and Western Canadian Coal with Anglo American.

Michael began his career with Deloitte & Touche where he was involved with numerous clients, transactions and projects in the mining sector. Michael is a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and a fellow of the Securities and Investment Institute.

Gerard Holden

Gerard has over 20 years experience in finance most of which he spent in various positions within Barclays Bank and Barclays Capital, culminating in a spell of seven years which he spent as Global Head of Mining & Metals in London before leaving in 2005. Whilst at Barclays Capital he built a strong team around him which was regarded as one of the leading mining and metals origination businesses globally.

Before establishing Rockbury in early 2008 he held a number of executive and non-executive directorships and provided ad hoc advisory services in a personal capacity. Gerard has led many innovative financings in the mining and metals sector including acquisition financing, working capital, project/structured/asset based financing, straight and convertible bond issues (only banker to lead euro issues for all major miners ? Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Anglo American and Glencore), commodity/interest rate/foreign exchange risk management, re-financings, restructurings, principal investments, and various advisory assignments.

At the World Economic Forum in 2000 he addressed the Mining Leaders Group on the subject of sustainable development, the mining industry and the perspective of financiers. He has also served as the only banker on the Assurance Group of the Mining, Minerals and Sustainable Development project from 2000 to 2002 as part of the Global Mining Initiative which led to mining industry formation of International Council on Mining and Metals. Gerard chaired the NGO/bank consultation group and was instrumental in the formulation and banks? adoption of the Equator Principles which ensure minimum environmental, social and human rights standards for the financing of new projects.

He is an associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and holds a BSc(Eng) Hons in Chemical Engineering from University College London

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $1.047M 10.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
70 9842754 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 4002799 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.