MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Confirmation Bias

1. 942 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Confirmation Bias

"Confirmation bias is our tendency to cherry-pick information that confirms our existing beliefs or ideas."

It's been a long tough road being an MSB shareholder and in some respects we're fortunate to have survived this far. Finally, after years of waiting, we are on the cusp of discovering the results of years of painstaking, expensive testing. Those results will be company making, or breaking, and I share the excitement of all MSB holders.

There's been some amazing info being shared about this on HC and I've been glued to the discussion like many here.

Unfortunately, there are some here that are souring the tone of the discussion with abuse, or generally jumping down the throat of anybody that offers alternative views, no matter how relevant they may be.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the obvious trolls that have been lobbing grenades into the discussion, they should be ignored. There's an old saying that should be remembered, "Don't feed the troll". Enough said on that one.

We are all here as investors of one kind or another and part of being a good investor is trying to be objective. Being objective involves taking on all relevant info, that includes info that may not support your current views.

As an investor, I'm aware of my own susceptibility to confirmation bias so I seek out alternative views to help me remain objective.

There has been some well thought out posts here, notably from Ecoool2 and Otherperspective, that have delivered a sugar hit with the awesome information they've brought to the table, I've loved their posts, like almost everyone here.

Others have offered up articles about alternative companies or treatment options, some of which are relevant to the future prospects of MSB, some not. Surely we should be able to have an adult debate on the relative merits on other treatments/companies too as this will help us all in keeping some perspective.

Finally, it appears some here may have scared off a poster on the MSB thread, DocMcStuffins, who claims to be a critical care doctor dealing with C19 patients. Why on earth anyone here would want to discourage such a person from discussing something that is extremely relevant to the near term prospects of MSB is beyond my comprehension.

To be clear, I hold MSB shares and believe in the future of this company. That said, until such a time that we get close to being cashflow neutral this stock should be considered speculative and relevant views should be considered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.