confirmation of what we thought

1. 5,919 Posts.
    There are several posters who persistently put forward the view that there is much whinging, moaning, weeping, bleating, etc, etc, etc and etc going on among some Australians and that this is going on despite the indisputable fact that we (us Australians) are currently enjoying the benefits of the world's best performing economy. Whilst many countries are experiencing severe hardship because of adverse economic conditions: high unemployment, contractions in economic activity and falling standards of living reminiscent of the Great Depression and their situation would justify a high level of whinging, moaning, weeping, bleating, etc, etc, etc and etc this is certainly not the case here in Australia. Yet the high level of whinging, moaning, weeping, bleating, etc, etc, etc and etc continues.

Now it is true that given the intermix of politics and economics it is understandable that some (the extreme political activists) will try to beat the economic drum so as to promote their side of politics. Nit picking here and nit picking there. Commonsense would, however, say that given the excellent health of the Australian economy, their efforts should have little affect. But this is not the case. We really are experiencing a phenomena. Excellent economic management is not being recognized and this stance expresses itself in the constant whinging, moaning, weeping, bleating, etc, etc, etc and etc.

Now it is true that when you are part of the scene it can be difficult to see the jungle for the trees. All of those who have been fortunate enough to spend some time out of their country will have experienced the ability to look back in from the outside and have a clear picture of their homeland than they will ever manage to gain when home and in the midst of things. They are able to appreciate aspects of their country from a distance. AND HERE WE HAVE A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF AN OUTSIDER LOOKING IN.

Now I could go on to offer an explanation as to why we have this phenomena and whinge, moan, weep, bleat, etc, etc, etc and etc myself about the whinging, moaning, weeping, bleating, etc, etc, etc and etc which is going on in this country. Yes I could have a little chat with all and sundry and tell them that they have been led down the garden path by Abbott Joe & Co. - that they have been conned wholesale into believing that there lot is a bad one, that they have (as Abbott of Abbott Joe & Co. constantly remind them) a bad government but I won't. We all have to make our own decisions in life (and bear the consequences) and I am certainly not going to impose my ideas on others. Suffice to say that the evidence is there. The facts have been presented and these facts, the ones about the excellent economic management of the Gillard government, have been presented by a politically disinterested party. The facts and the conclusions drawn are., I think, worthy of consideration.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.