Conflict between science and religion, page-20

1. 27,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    A quickie Whereu, what makes you think I dismiss evolution, for your information I have no problem with it, I wasn't the one who brought it up, what I believe thou is that evo in not the silver bullet to eliminate God, there are far far to many variables in this universe all depending on each other, if science is science in progress then it's hard to say that evo is 100% fact as there is more factors to consider that may have caused evo to occurs in the first place.

I wrote that you "may" dismiss evolution based on your posting what some dude from NASA wrote but was not sure. You brought up evolution via that post.

I agree that evolution is not a silver bullet to eliminate God because God is couched in a manner that he can't be verified or refuted. The work in progress of science helps us make some sense of the many variables that make up the universe. The Theory of Evolution is one example - it helps us make sense of the vast variety of life on the planet. Other theories of thermodynamics, motion gravity etc do the same in the areas that they cover.

I am surprised by what we can learn from billions of years ago based on our ability to look back into the past using modern technology.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.