AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

confusing !!

1. 727 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    So.....What a Crazy world/Country!!!
    The people voted....
    The coalition won more seats..
    The coaltion won way more primary vote..
    The coalition won more 2 party preffered votes..
    Tony windsor said the coalition were more likely to go to polls again cos were more likely to win a new contest..
    The coalition as a single party more popular...
    The coalition far more popular in the independents own electorates..
    So what do those independents do....Go completely against the popular vote and back Labor!! Incredible..
    People of other countries will be scratching their heads..
    More uncertainty ahead..The mining tax could have been killed off today..Oh well...where to from here..
    I am guessing Any mining tax would'nt get through senate currently..So at earliest it would be put up after July next year....And then what..already 74 votes against in lower house and I am confident Windsor and maybe Oakeshott would knock it back anyway as they have maintained right to vote on legislation....Either way if it did get through then the eaarliest it could go and get through senate might be late 2011....There would only be about 18 months to the next election...Would Labor dare to do this, and risk opening up a whole can of worms not far out from anew election..And secondly The labor minority may have well fallen apart before then anyway....So although the news today didnt deliver the absolute death knell for the tax...I think you could say that it is critical and on life support with little chance of survival...IMO
    So hang in there as a supporter of Australian mining industry

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.