IVA 0.00% 21.5¢ inova resources limited

confusion, page-8

1. 3,769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    greeting to holders and others, it's been quiet here for a while....too quiet!

hope to stimulate some banter.

my background is 30 years building and testing jet engines for an ozzie icon.

i moved into this stock because of the substantial rhenium deposits found in qld.

this is my take on things..

each gas turbine blade and disk uses approx 6 percent of rhenium. generally speaking, the achilies heal of gas turbines are the high pressure turbine stages which are directly exposed to the highest temperatures and velocities expanding from within the combustor and thier thermodynamic or useful lives will have been exhausted within approx 3 years. assuming no debris has been drawn through the engine creating futher impact damage the engine will be inbound tested which invariably shows as a high pressure turbine restoration requirement. we are talking big bucks, a high pressure turbine restoration for just one of the two 737 engines for example alone costs around 200,000 dollars. multiply this by the huge amount of carriers world wide that are all seeing noticable increases in traffic volumes and therefore increased consumation of life of these engines we are looking imo at a spike in rhenium demand and a progressive restoration of normal capacity which will place even greater pressure on this rare element.

during the gfc, many carriers pushed aircraft against the fence and swapped tired/unserviceable engines into these aircraft due to poor demand, they compressed schedules to minimize fleet capacity and drastically altered engine maintenance timeframes to control costs during this tough time.

many of the engines on these aircraft require restoration prior to re-entry to service....many will require turbine restoration, hence my belief that there will be a focus on securing future rhenium supplies.

iva have stated previously that they are on the look out for possible offtake agreements with gas turbine manufacturers but i suspect it may be the other way around and i'm only focusing on the rhenium.

sorry if too detailed and of course....only my opinion.

gl to holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.