ANS 0.00% 1.7¢ austsino resources group limited

Congo Dispute lodged O_o, page-18

1. 1,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 458
    The example you quoted relates to media coverage in mid-2015 when numerous Chinese entities were interested, and I disagree with your contention that the Africans don't trust the Chinese. (Who can trust anyone, Chinese, African or elsewhere when it comes to money?)

"But, on July 1, 2015, due to Sundance's difficulties in finding financial partners for the project, Cameroon had already announced that it would take over the infrastructure part of the mining project." Note the date.

"According to the sources, the Chinese partners wanted to take total control of the project, by dismissing Sundance Resources." was taken from 2015. What has changed?

And the creation of Sonamines is not necessarily proof of a distrust of the Chinese
    (Business in Cameroon) - Yesterday December 14, 2020,
    "President Paul Biya signed a decree creating the National Mining Company (Sonamines). According to the presidential decree, Sonamines is a public company with the state as its sole shareholder. However, the decree states, "the shareholding of Sonamines may be open to other public or private entities." The capital and the conditions for participation in the shareholding of the public company will be set in the statuses.The decree explains that Sonamines' mission is to develop and promote the mining sector and to manage the State's interests in this field."

ANS or any of the 'China 5' could become one of those shareholders in Sonamines.

I note also that Ethiopia has recently recinded mining rights to 63 miners in an effort to take control of leaking mine revenue.
    https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/ethiopia-revokes-licences-of-63-mining-companies-state-broadcaster-fana-reports-2020-12-15

Africa is the land of plenty currently. When 'the right' Infrastructure Partner energes they will reign supreme on the African Continent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.