AVM 0.00% 2.9¢ advance metals limited

congolese government seizes cargo barge carrying a

1. 842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 193
    I wonder whether the African Wildlife Foundation will now be held responsible for the army action. These guys were "ASKED" aswell, why didn't they refuse, perhaps as commented in the text below

"We understand and support the government's efforts to maintain peace and security in the region."

Probably won't get a mention in the world press, because they aren't a big bad mining company. Great news about Kulu - more great news to come I expect.

Extract From Story:
    A barge that is integral part of the African Wildlife Foundation's (AWF) wildlife conservation and development program in the Maringa Lopori Wamba Landscape was confiscated on November 12, by the Congolese military. The barge carrying agricultural products and humanitarian supplies to provide economic benefits for the people of the region, was confiscated for the purpose of transporting soldiers from Basankusu to Mbandaka.

This barge was one part of a cargo trip launched by AWF in mid September. The Ferbo I, a private boat, had been traveling up and down the Congo and Maringa Rivers to collect agricultural products from local farmers who had not seen a boat go up those rivers in over 7 years.

The crew, including an AWF employee, was asked to vacate the barge. The agricultural products collected from people throughout the region were taken off the boat and put into storage in Basankusu.

AWF is operating in the Democratic Republic of Congo under formal agreement with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in close collaboration with key Ministries including the Ministries of Rural Development, of Plan, and the Environment. This confiscation came as a total surprise to AWF staff and representatives on the ground and will have an impact on AWF’s development conservation objectives in the region.

AWF has petitioned the Ministry of Defense to return the boat as soon as possible and has asked them to refrain from future requisition of AWF property without prior discussion.

"We understand and support the government's efforts to maintain peace and security in the region."
    says AWF's Landscape Coordinator in the Congo, Jef Dupain. "But in light of the significant benefits the opening of the rivers will have on local populations, we have petitioned the Ministry of Defense to return the boat as soon as possible and refrain from future requisition of AWF property without prior discussion."

Full story at http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/200511180582.html

cheers Levelhead

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.927M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 760066 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 785140 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.