Congratulations to ALP in WA

1. 5,136 Posts.
    I would like to congratulate the ALP in WA for their upcoming win in that state's election. After a tough, gruelling and at times spiteful campaign the ALP will be returned to power.

WA election upset as Liberal leader Zak Kirkup concedes he can't win on March 13

WA Liberal leader Zak Kirkup has admitted he does not expect to become premier after the March state election, and fears his party could be decimated by a Labor landslide.

In a highly unusual move by a party leader just two weeks out from an election, Mr Kirkup said he did not expect to win and feared the Liberals could be reduced to a single digit Opposition in terms of seat numbers.

"I have to be real with the people of Western Australia, and they are telling me that they expect Mark McGowan will still be Premier," Mr Kirkup said.

"That doesn't mean we stop fighting, that doesn't mean we stop working to get as many Liberals over the line as possible.

"A Liberal party reduced to single digits, that is a significant concern.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-25/wa-liberal-leader-zak-kirkup-concedes-he-cant-win-election/13190946

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.