POK 0.00% 20.0¢ potash minerals limited

Yes Nq6, this is what we all hope for, and will be one of the...

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Yes Nq6, this is what we all hope for, and will be one of the hurdles POK will have to prove in the steps towards a mining lease, imo.

Benninger and K2O plan to use a method call “solution mining”.

“Basically what we want to do it put hot water down the ground, bring up the salt and put the table salt back,” Benninger said.

He said that his company would use non-potable water is already on site at approximately 1500 feet below the surface.

The salt is then separated from the solution through a process of heating, cooling, centrifuging and crystallizing. The water is removed from the solution. It is then recycled with the salt in the mine hole. Any remaining salt would be sold.

There would be no evaporation ponds like there are now at Intrepid Potash now operating at the end of State Route 279.

“Since the water and waste salt are returned to the ground, mine closure is ongoing during production,” Benninger said.

John Weisheit, conservation director of Living Waters, a Moab-based non-profit, is concerned about the water issues related to potash mining.

“The potash is there, but the water to get it isn’t there,” Weisheit said. “You need one as much as the other. They will deplete that groundwater.”

He said residents that live near Hole in the Rock, Wilson Arch and Looking Glass Rock will have to drill deeper wells and the water will be gone.

He isn’t concerned only about K2O’s proposed project. He said that there are up to five different potash proposals on either side of the Colorado River.

“If they are all permitted and they all start taking water, the river doesn’t have anything left to give. Demand is higher than supply. The resources aren’t there,” Weisheit said. “The BLM needs to find out now how bad it’s going to be. In the meantime it is all speculative. We shouldn’t be giving them a permit until they can prove they’re not damaging the water.

Ddzx I believe it will be far from marginal, but the next 4 holes will tell a story, imo, but nice attempt at cross promo.

When all said and done the SP activity, so far, has got to have dissapointed, not only holders, but management too, imo. This was a hard earned milestone, that before the MLP, imo, would have attracted a significant re-rate.I can't think of any other reasons.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.