CNJ 0.00% 0.1¢ conico ltd

Conico Ltd - Potentially World`s 4th Largest Cobalt Producer

1. 64 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I was looking up the cobalt sector these last couple of days and I have to say the market reacted firmly to the news of the deeming cobalt shortage* (as seen in the picture attached). As for the producers at hand, the actual ones are currently highly diversified to be considered near-term profitable in regards to the cobalt shortage (Glencore, Nyrstar, etc.) since their profits are also made elsewhere. The Katanga mine in DRC (largest cobalt mine in the world) is closed until middle 2018 due to maintenance. This leaves only the virtual producers that are specialized on cobalt pure-play for the investors to achieve near-term profit. Here is a quick run-down of the trending virtual producers and why I settled for CNJ eventually.

* "The Cobalt Cliff Is Upon Us" - http://investorintel.com/technology-metals-intel/lithium-ion-batteries-the-cobalt-cliff-is-upon-us/

cobalt developers _ April 2016.jpg

Equitas Resources (EQT.V) - Garland-Nickel-Cobalt-PGM Project, other than forward looking statements there is no information regarding the surveys, resource deposit, orebody etc. available on their page that I could find. Must be in very early exploratory stages.

Formation Metals (FCO.TO) - Idaho Cobalt Project, hyped due to Tesla Gigafactory vicinity (Nevada), promotes itself with ethical mining, safety and responsibility, however other than economic studies they offer not much information about their deposit, other than estimated reported resources which are not particulary impressive in comparison with the resources elsewhere.

Broken Hill Prospecting (BPL.AX) - still lacks a JORC compliant study to further provide economic viability, the scoping studies for cobalt are years out of date, it will need current information for further assessment. The scoping study shows the deposit being fairly vertical with mineralisation occuring to 300m of depth, thus drilling and maintenance being a production cost factor.

Conico (CNJ.AX) [50% JV with BAR.AX, a gold miner] - Mt. Thirsty, potentially 4th in the world by obtainable cobalt resource, is 50% owned, operated and managed by Conico (CNJ.AX), the companies tangible book value exceeds their SP (0,02 SP – 0,05 TBVPS). The orebody is relatively flat lying with an average thickness of 12m and an average depth below surface to the top of the orebody of 14m, deeming the production costs lower due to lack of necessity for extensive drilling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.201M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.1¢ 0.1¢ $1.639K 1.639M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 14336150 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 27767381 31
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.58pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CNJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.