HML 0.00% $1.99 henry morgan limited

Connect the Dots ...

1. 516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 572

Interesting new development: I received an anonymous email over the Christmas break suggesting that I look at a JBL Annual report and then "follow the trail". I tried emailing the anonymous informant back for more info but it looks to have come from a temporary email address. Apologies for how long it's taken me to get this posted on HC, but I was hoping to hear back from them before now.

Who's up for another game of connect the dots? Just like my notes from the AGM, I will break this up into a number of posts to make it more readable.

Let's start with dot #1 - JBL's 2016 Annual Report:

https://www.nsx.com.au/ftp/news/021731979.PDF

Take a look at page 5:

The Company subscribed for and was issued 7,400,000 shares in Henry Morgan Limited on 23 December 2015 at a consideration of $7,400,000 ($1 per share) with attaching options on a 1 for 1 basis. On 18 January 2016, 5,800,000 of these shares (with the attaching options) were sold to third party professional and sophisticated investors at $1 per share.

And then page 34:

The Company subscribed for and was issued 7,400,000 shares in Henry Morgan Limited on 23 December 2015 for $1 per share with attaching options on a 1 for 1 basis. On 18 January 2016 5,800,000 of these shares (with the attaching options) were sold to third party professional and sophisticated investors for $1 per share. The share sale agreements entered into with the investors allowed the proceeds to be repaid to the Company by 30 November 2016. $1,300,000 has been repaid to 30 June 2016 by the investors. These loans are non-interest bearing.

So if I understand correctly, JBL sold these professional and sophisticated investors 5,800,000 HML shares under a "10 months interest free" deal.  Who are these "professional and sophisticated investors"?  Why would JBL loan $5.8M for 10 months on an interest free basis? How do I get one of these interest free loans?

On to dot #2 ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.