FAR 2.97% 52.0¢ far limited

Conocophillips Arbitration update, page-125

1. 2,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 560
    Completely left field.
    I have been reading the threads and Hot's theory that a deal has been done.
    Tend to agree that is a likely outcome. All very plausable. But I still wonder if this chess game is being played out at a much higher level.
    But I go back to my theory/idea that the Govt gets what it wants.
    Going FAR back I suggeted the notion of "governments" meaning both French and Senegalese! This goes back to my belief that the French are very close to their former colonies. That France undoubtedly give a lot more foreign aid to Senegal than say does Australia!! And the Chinese are known to thow money around. But Australia and WPL's face just doesn't seem to fit.
    The idea that this is big. Billions over the next thirty years! We need to think bigger!
    Always the idea that Total are in the wings, and perhaps the Chinese, British, BP?
    These big companies are always very close to their Governments!
    My idea that this PE issue is a vehicle for the Govt(s) to get what they want.
    And as suggested this is "big oil" territory now, and that this is at a "Govt to Govt" level.
    Now I have quipped about COP, WPL in a French court, "good luck".
    Now I concede that my ideas a seemly "whacky". It is mostly the beer talking at this time of night?
    However if this is the case, #597, three french arbitors in a French court, and if FAR has got a half decent case, then, I suggest, the Governments will get what the Governments want.

Remember all those ministeral meetings, speeches, photo ops etc months back?
    Maybe this is all still being played out at a Govt level as to who gets the "spoils".
    Whatever, whatever deal is cut it won't be without the blessing of the Govt(s).
    All conjecture, JIMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.