CQT 0.00% 51.5¢ conquest mining limited

hc wtf happening?(copy post for records) just for the...

1. 5,342 Posts.
    hc wtf happening?(copy post for records) just for the records..here is the post in question.
    Was NOT written by me "downside".
    Looks like it is just a mix of posts?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Subject re: conquest have found hot air again
    Posted 25/02/05 10:29 - 39 reads
    Posted by downside
    Post #524104 - in reply to msg. #524089 - splitview

Sandybeaches - I am not interested in WHO you get it from - if you think it is a good source then great and glad that I can amuse you too ;-)

Is it being 'talked up' on chat sites - well that depends.
    If you look up NDO in say August last year and look at the interest shown by people around here there was a lot more posts on it then than now. Maybe most got out on the first spike and are still waiting a retracement back to 2 cents? Why would an intelligent person with an investment view give any consideration to chat sites making it move - wouldn't they evaluate the assets, management and potential future revenues and profits? If it gets the green light on these measures then are chat sites relenant at all?

Is the company talking it up?

Look at the old Nido releases and see if it was being 'talked up' years ago - ie Pagasa Turbidites - over 2 Billion barrels of prospects - gee whiz must be a $20 dollar stock if the silly interpret that to mean recoverable!!! - now that is being 'talked up' and while that was presented to people the stock drifted between 1.2 and 1.6 cents most of the time - ie very few fell for it.

So is Nido 'talking up' the stock now?

I think that is the case - any management team that believes in the assets has a responsibility to realise their value for shareholders or they are not doing their job.
    If they don't believe in the assets and/or are comfortable with a salary and not working to realise the value of the assets for shareholders and just issueing more shares as cash runs down then I think they should resign and go work somewhere else.

Part of that realisation is to effectively promote one self as an effective experienced and capable management team and promote the assets and their potential worth - especially in the early stages or else investors quickly arrive at the conclusion of just more of the same.

There are a few ways that this could be done - pay a broker to do a report with a spec buy on it at 2 cents and put in the 2 billion barrels of 'prospects' at pagasa line and create some short term excitement.

The other way is to evaluate the assets, explain what they are, have a business plan for realising their value and communicate this in a respectful manner, open the lines of communication so that ALL investors can get information to clarify this understanding - note ALL investors - not just the priveliged few that think that they should have issues clarified more than 'Fred Smith' ordinary investor because they consider themselve more 'influential' or important in the energy sector.

If anyone wants any clarification from Mr Whitby on last nights announcement his phone number is at the bottom of the release as is his email address. I guess anyone can phone him up and ask - hey buddy what are these people we are paying going to be doing - or you can trust that he knows what he is doing or you can do neither of these and dump your shares when the market opens today because of cash burn concerns? If all moving too fast for any investor then they can get out of their position.

If you want to see 'talking up' of a stock then visit some other oilers web sites - ie ARC Energy is an example of an oiler with good assets that was cheap once and realised their value and got the story out there to investors. Now they don't need to promote so much - their financial performance speaks for itself.
    Thing is though - the sharemarket looks to the future so often no point waiting too long and missing the best compounding gains awaiting the results to come through. If one has faith in the assets and the management then better to get in early - at least then more chance of not being shaken out later with an entry price too close to a stop loss because it is raining ;-)

downside

Aussie Shopping Site

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.