TLS 0.26% $3.85 telstra group limited

nonsitap, thanks for answers, some good points raised by you.I...

1. 253 Posts.
    nonsitap, thanks for answers, some good points raised by you.

I shoudda waited cos there’s as lot more brewing in Canberra & in the real world about this NBN & TLS. Seems Messrs Rudd & Conroy are willing to fork out unlimited funds to rush legislation through and also favourably influence the market - But it wont be that easy.

Article in today’s AFR ; “Opposition bid to derail Telstra split” states - the Rudd government's plan for Telstra could fail amid increasing criticism of the proposed restructuring.

Items included:

• Independent Senators backed the coalition plan and said that there should be no rush to pass the reform this year.
    • Delay or Amendments to the government's plan would reduce pressure on Mr. Thodey and work to his advantage.
    • Senator Barnaby Joyce representing rural interests backed the coalition approach.
    • The NBN network is preparing to seek advice from investment bankers as it continues crunch negotiations with Telstra
    • Senator Conroy hopes negotiations and talks with Telstra will end in an ambitious Christmas deadline to agree to ‘heads of terms’.
    • NBN Co executive chairman Mike Quigley said that the company – charged with creating the most ambitious broadband network in the world – was looking at all options for potential acquisitions to kickstart the project.
    • In committee hearings yesterday, Future Fund officials expressed concern about the reform plans, Mr Costello –“I think there are significant negative risks for Telstra.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.85
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $44.48B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.89 $3.83 $65.77M 17.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 64426 $3.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.86 192676 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.