Your premise that human labour will be replaced “fully” I call...

1. 825 Posts.
    Your premise that human labour will be replaced “fully” I call impossible. A significant replacement of human labour with technology I will buy, but no where near fully.

Your question about how things can swing back are couched as absolutes as opposed to degree. For example do I ever see “low tax” in developed western countries - no. But I can see “”lower” tax. Same applies for government, debt and legislation.

With regards to legislation me preference is to see the public service and governments gain a level of competence where they can effectively regulate legislation in place rather than keep on adding legislation because they are too incompetant to regulate existing legislation.

In Aus we have a system where households with annual income approaching half a million dollars “need” assistance with child care. This in the name of equity, or not wanting to have diddums feel bad because they get government support but someone else doesn’t because they are better off.

Middle/upper middle income government supports will never be affordable under and scenario you name and then”principals” that call for this are flawed. The theory that you can have government govern by pandering to the shrillest and loudest activist groups in the interest of “equity” will in my view always fail, it is just a matter of how long and at what cost that failure comes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.