Conservatism death, page-62

1. 85,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''the Libs will never form govt again''

I don't say that the Libs will never form government again - what I say is that conservatism is dead and cannot work again.

I also said and have said on here for a long time now that Oz and probably other nations -

as rapid change continues AND accelerates - that politically, countries and people will swing wildly from one end of the spectrum to the other -

ok maybe not the extreme ends - but gyrate wildly as people search for stability and a rest from change ---------- because they can't handle the speed of change

BUT - they won't get any relief, because there is no relief from change in a society and era where technology is in a state of ultra rapid change -

it's going to get faster - it's just not going to stop - and it's sure not going to rest either.

We see it, not everywhere, but in so many places atm ------ dumping what's in and taking on board things that are more towards the far end than in the middle --

that IMO - is partly and mostly in the acute - a result of cost of living - BUT, under the skin lies the underlying cause of it all ---------- massive change

and what's the one thing that we know about humans and change?

we fear it
    and only those who can adapt, survive
    those who don't or can't - fall into a gap. And what we are seeing now is the great mass arise from the gap and reach out for straws - any straw will do

there's nothing to grasp overhead- one has to reach out towards the limits

in the case of left - more left than has been for decades - in the case of right - far right, bypassing middle

Ask Macron, Ask the Liberal Party of Oz, Ask Italy, Ask UK, Ask Americans about GOP
    Last edited by pintohoo: 02/07/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.