LYC 0.63% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

Consider buying, page-13

1. 6,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1036
    Higher capacity means greater volumes (tonnages), certainly, but since they are separating and purifying (kind of the same thing), the recoveries are likely going to be lower.

However, revenues from separating a higher fraction of total LaCe (additional 200tpm, taking them to 75% of total) will be higher. Duh. Just saying.

The 45-50% Ce product we briefly discussed is listed at 9000-10000 yuan/ton by ACREI, whereas the separated 99% La/Ce products each fetch 13500-14500 yuan/ton. If said separated products exceed 99%, perhaps 3N, they would almost certainly sell at an even higher price.

QUARTERLY REPORT
    FOR THE PERIOD ENDING 31 MARCH 2018
    • Modification of the existing SX8 solvent extraction circuit to separate LaCe to La and Ce. Commissioning of this circuit is commencing in April. The new circuit will enable up to 75% of LaCe production to be separated into La and Ce. It also includes additional circuits to remove impurities in La and Ce;
    • The reconfiguration of the SX circuits to produce separated Nd and Pr will commence after key circuits are released post SX8 commissioning. (I take this to mean post the start of SX8 commissioning)

From another source I learnt they are aiming to separate 25% of NdPr production with these SX mods.

They have been producing 500+ tons/month unseparated NdPr through the quarter. Since they began commissioning the new La/Ce circuit starting in April, I think it's likely that NdPr separations on the old La/Ce circuit commenced at some scale during June.

Wouldn't be surprised if that startup cut into NdPr RTS tonnage for the quarter. Didn't think of that when I was making my most recent production predictions.

I'm psyched for the AR with 19Q1 reporting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.34
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.926B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.33 $6.42 $6.31 $6.416M 1.009M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 8527 $6.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.35 26138 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.