MPL 0.53% $3.77 medibank private limited

consider, page-14

1. 10,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    I'll tell you a secret which could benefit Medicare ...in early 1980's I worked for State Insurance Office in the Investment Dept which then had an income of about $1 million per day from Car Registrations alone coming from Treasury plus its other Employers Liability & car insurance, house insurance etc all being invested but thats another story. They were the good old days.

Anyway I asked the late Jack Vanderfeen the Financial Controller at that time... WHAT IF we or someone offered insurance to pensioners who stayed at home and so the risk to robbery would be much less and the profits would be much higher ....his discouraging reply was ...OH that would upset the equilibrium of the other types of customers....or something along those lines. No don't get me wrong Jack was a great guy but he could not see the future too clearly. Now I should have pursued my idea, [kicking myself] but it was not too long after that someone else had the same idea and formed the Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency [now APIA] but funnily enough the premiums were actually higher despite the advertising claiming otherwise. Anyway the rest is history and someone made a $billion or more out of that idea. Bunnings recently sold out of their insurance business and now i'm suggesting Medibank can very easily move into the House Insurance business and get a good market share of that business if it tries just a little by contacting all their current customers and offering them house insurance products and I bet even if they charge more than some competitors they will pick up a nice share of the profitable business, but they should use new tools available to the insurance business by avoiding flood prone and bushfire areas using NEA NearMap in which I have shares in I must declare.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.77
Change
0.020(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $10.38B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.72 $3.79 $3.72 $22.37M 5.938M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 156646 $3.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.78 205242 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.