IPL 0.34% $2.91 incitec pivot limited

They may be in decline but the cost of doing business has also...

1. 1,583 Posts.
    They may be in decline but the cost of doing business has also been reducing since the boom days. Revenues are dropping but if a smart company has been reducing their costs then the bottom line will look better and then once the prices stabilise or increase you'll have a much leaner operation where any increase will flow through to the bottom line.
    There's no right or wrong answer when investing, only best guess but at these current levels I'm guessing we have more upside than downside. Also if mining activity is increasing at lower operating costs then we'll see the flow through eventually.
    I'm just guessing once again but the washout we had in February looks to be holding which indicates a major bottom is in place so with that in mind, we have more upside than downside is my bet.
    I'm no expert but stripping out dividends and cashflow from options writing over blue chips has been working well and if it works then we go with it.
    I'm no expert at picking tops or bottoms but somewhere in between is where we can make some profits from investing.
    The down day swings are a lot less harsher than what they were over the last couple of years and quite noticeable since February March as the volatility has been reducing.
    One never knows but at current prices I'm comfortable to keep adding to my holdings.
    This company has a lot of growth coming up so we'll see this reflected in the share price with any luck.
    Last edited by Thompsjz69: 30/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.91
Change
-0.010(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.651B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.94 $2.95 $2.87 $11.42M 3.936M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211408 $2.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.91 106143 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.