TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

reading the Alliance/TAW merger announcement there appears to be...

1. 974 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    reading the Alliance/TAW merger announcement there appears to be more benefits to Alliance than to TAW.
    The only benefit to TAW is exposure to Singapore market plus dual ASX /GSX listing. So how much added value does this give TAW ?

Reading the various HC comments i think you would need to be holding a lot of TAW shares to influence a defeat of the merger ( a lot being 10's/100's of millions ).

I would also prefer the spun out projects to be in a listed entity called Tawana, but there must be a specific/tax driven reason why they will be unlisted & called something else ( SpinCo ).

Lastly the merger/spinout appears to me to have 2 specific alternative purposes:
    1. protect the long term prospects of TAW by bulking up via merger and thus discouraging any potential hostile takeover.
    2. Making the TAW assett more attractive to a bigger player willing to pay a premium price to buy a fully operation lithium mine.

As a relatively new investor in TAW i don't know the longer history of the TAW/Alliance tie up and why it came about. Maybe someone can give a brief history lesson ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.