VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

considerations for mt-lt holders

1. 590 Posts.
    I am the first to admit I am not an expert on the oil and gas business but I have opinions based on my economics/political science background that may be of interest to longer term holders of VIL on advantages that have not been discussed at length in this forum (to the best of my knowledge).

1. As per VIL management strategy, FP is a low cost, onshore operation as opposed a higher cost offshore operation in the USA (this is well known and has been discussed but read on) but the cost of operation is lower than might be recognised when examine the low political and logitical risks.

2. The population of the USA is over 300 million and is a well developed, high consumption, energy hungry populus. The combined population (GGP/VIL customers) of Texas and Louisiana is app. 30 million- this is not a nation of bicycle or scooter riders but a nation of cars.

3. As oil and gas has been produced in the FP area for decades there is little local resistance to it (as opposed to pristine ocean or rainforest areas) which reduces possible legal or PR costs.

3. The market for GGP/VIL is right on its doorstep of the well and there are well established production facilities nearby, unlike areas like PNG or other developing South East Asian countries (gas trunk line 1.6 miles from FP well 1).

4. Western oil companies are being forced out the Middle East due to geopolitical issues and the cost of obtaining oil from the middle east is rising with terrorism, high security and contractor costs.

5. The USA is a (relatively) politically stable and democratic country that is not likely to see revolutions or coupe d'etat any time soon. Asian and South American countries generally have high politcal and business risks. This low political risk should be reflected in a higher GGP/VIL SP over time. GGP workers are unlikely to be kidnapped and held for ransom and the area is not 'remote' requiring extensive new townships and infrastructure to be built or royalties to native owners.

6. The US Govt. appears to have a strategic objective to reduce reliance on external (foreign) energy supplies but there is a lag between the current reliance on petroleum and cheap widespread 'green' power.

Therefore, while other exploration companies find large deposits of oil, it is increasing in inhospitible areas or with hostile populations.

Hope this was of benefit and interest to some.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.