NGI 0.54% $1.86 navigator global investments limited

Here is an article in the Weekend Australian page 29 business...

1. 635 Posts.
    Here is an article in the Weekend Australian page 29 business section written by Jenny Strasburg that I find interesting...
    They don't mention anything about HFA but it tells me that there are things happening out there and It can only be good for HFA that big players are getting set in the field. and that hedge fund investing is not a dying breed.

The article states this...

CREDIT Suisse, looking to push further into hedge fund investing,is in talks to acquire a Chicago investment business with $U11 billion in assets. The Swiss bank is in discussions with Mesirow Financial, a privately owned trading and investment arm that places client money in hedge funds called Mesirow Advanced strategies. The deal would nearly double the $U14.5 bn in assets Credit Suisse already oversees that it farms out to a range of external funds.
    A deal would mark a major transfer of assets between two big players in hedge fund investing.
    Hedge funds and their investors were shaken last year when many funds lost money,investors withdrew billions of dollars and some funds closed. Industry insiders since have predicted a rash of consolidation among investment managers.
    "This may be the opening act for more consolidation down the road. Some small funds of funds may need to merge with other firms or sell down their business," said Greg Dowling, managing principal overseeing hedge funds at Cincinnati-based fund evaluation group.
    As Credit Suisse looks to expand its alternative investments, which include hedge funds, real estate and private equity, the Mesirow hedge fund unit could be an attractive asset, in part because it has a strong focus on Asian hedge fund managers. Credit Suisse does not have as big a presence there as it does in the other parts of the world. Article ends.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NGI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.86
Change
0.010(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $908.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.86 $1.86 $1.83 $483.7K 262.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2078 $1.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.87 2078 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NGI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.