BOE 0.48% $4.17 boss energy ltd

Consolidation Advice

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Thanks to all, for your helpful advice regarding the consolidation. Just to clarify a couple of things. As alluded to in my original post, I was aware that the (number) of my shares had been reduced by a factor of 8, but with a similar increase in the (value) of these reduced number of shares. I was not under the illusion that my (original) share holding had skyrocked in value, so I was never in any danger of selling/giving them away to anyone. Yes I am aware that 10 shares @ $1.00 = $10.00 and 1 share @ $10.00 = $10.00.

Some have made the point that it doesn't matter if you buy say a .20c share in the hope that it will become a $2.00 share or buy a $2.00 share in the hope that it will become a $20.00 share.

From my limited and past experience, it seems more likely that a "penny dreadful" stock (@ .26c in this case) with very good potential such as BOE, has a greater chance for an exponential rise in its share price ie: 10 fold increase (the moderator apparently doesn't like the term Disallowed).

So buying a (now) $2.30 or so share in the hope of a 10 fold increase would require a great deal of faith that the success of the company/project was 100% in the bag and only going north. Maybe it will, hope so, because I tend to buy and hold in most cases.

A fairly recent example - I bought into ASM (a rare earth stock) @ $1.13 per share not that long ago, it has traded at over $14.00 and currently around $12/$13.

Just seems the higher the starting share price is, the harder it becomes to get multiple 100% increases.

This was what I was referring to, I was just puzzled why this consolidation seemed to be thought of as a good thing. Hopefully the American exposure will indeed be the catalyst to knock it out of the park. Rather than a slow leak to a much lower price level. Thanks again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.17
Change
0.020(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $1.705B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.20 $4.23 $4.08 $24.33M 5.845M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2768 $4.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.17 124668 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.