BOE 1.37% $2.95 boss energy ltd

Thanks to all, for your helpful advice regarding the...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Thanks to all, for your helpful advice regarding the consolidation. Just to clarify a couple of things. As alluded to in my original post, I was aware that the (number) of my shares had been reduced by a factor of 8, but with a similar increase in the (value) of these reduced number of shares. I was not under the illusion that my (original) share holding had skyrocked in value, so I was never in any danger of selling/giving them away to anyone. Yes I am aware that 10 shares @ $1.00 = $10.00 and 1 share @ $10.00 = $10.00.

Some have made the point that it doesn't matter if you buy say a .20c share in the hope that it will become a $2.00 share or buy a $2.00 share in the hope that it will become a $20.00 share.

From my limited and past experience, it seems more likely that a "penny dreadful" stock (@ .26c in this case) with very good potential such as BOE, has a greater chance for an exponential rise in its share price ie: 10 fold increase (the moderator apparently doesn't like the term Disallowed).

So buying a (now) $2.30 or so share in the hope of a 10 fold increase would require a great deal of faith that the success of the company/project was 100% in the bag and only going north. Maybe it will, hope so, because I tend to buy and hold in most cases.

A fairly recent example - I bought into ASM (a rare earth stock) @ $1.13 per share not that long ago, it has traded at over $14.00 and currently around $12/$13.

Just seems the higher the starting share price is, the harder it becomes to get multiple 100% increases.

This was what I was referring to, I was just puzzled why this consolidation seemed to be thought of as a good thing. Hopefully the American exposure will indeed be the catalyst to knock it out of the park. Rather than a slow leak to a much lower price level. Thanks again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.