SIP 1.55% $1.31 sigma pharmaceuticals limited

True, GC- Director remuneration is out of control. Re...

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    True, GC- Director remuneration is out of control.

Re consolidation, I'm going to have a guess at, and a punt at (I think) API maybe being taken over by SIP. Given that they were goinhg to have a merge in the past, until the ACCC put a stop to it, they clearly have some kind of synergies, and perhaps the good will to work together. API reports on the 20th April, and has already warned of a profit downgrade, here:

http://hotcopper.com.au/asx_announcements.asp?id=281910

API's most recent ANN was a notice saying that a debt breach had been overlooked or forgiven or something.

API is about at a 1 year low. In a fortnight, we know there is a profit or earnings downgrade. I am wondering if this might affect API's dividend- purte speculation there. I wonder what adowngrade is worth? In some cases on the ASX, it can be 10% or 20%. Of course, the market could spend the next two weeks keeping the price afloat, so the downgrade is not too much of a shock to the SP, but recently, the SP has been operating in a close range of about 30c-31.5c. If it hits about 26c, it might be a good purchase- just on (personal) speculation alone.

SIP and API might be weak apart but strong together. I have no idea. Also, none of the above is meant to be any kind of downramp on API. It all may turn out differently for that company. If there is to be some kind of merge, though, I'd be out of SIP fast- it is the bigger beast and if it did takeover or provide a premium to API, then SIP's SP would be punished, as all predator SP's are punished, and that's too much of a danger zone.

Speaking of SIP, a close of 34c today = 49c including dividend- still not too bad. There's still some strength there, and a bunch of new buyers to take up the slack.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.