FML 0.00% 15.0¢ focus minerals ltd

consolidation of shares, page-7

1. 83,896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I agree with most of the posts here - consolidation may do you some good - but it comes at a cost you just do NOT want to pay (at least at this stage). All for the privilege of seeing your share price at 46c rather than 4.6c - and usually down from there.
    I still say it is too early for any of this talk.

I agree with the buyback idea - but would still be open to seeing evidence from past buyback/consolidations done at the same time.

Personally I don't have a problem with an sp under 10c - it tells you nothing about what the company is like.

If fml was more realistically priced - ok, what might it be - it would not be outlandish to see it somewhere between 10 an 20 c I wouldn't think.

Then if fml could get it's market cap up 3 or 400 % in the next 3 to 5 years - the sp begins to look pretty good to me - with exactly the same number of shares we have now.

Most people who want a consolidation want it for only a couple of reasons -

1. they think a share with a price of 50 cents looks better than a share of 5 c - well, maybe, maybe not.
    2 They think it will be more attractive to institutions - and yep, that is probably correct - but what does that mean?

- well on the good side that means that you will have larger block ownership - and that will make it harder for a predator to hit (or will it?). On the bad side - it means that those same institutions that everyone seems to want on the register - well, they will have 'power' - and they just might wield that power in how the company is run ------- do we want that? Do we want our management to be told by some financial wizz's how we should mine gold???

The original poster said that ----- " GPT just did this 4 weeks ago in order to improve liquidity and weed out undesirable speculators."

Well, we sure don't need any liquidity - and sorry, I am afraid I can't see how it will weed out undesirable speculators - whatever that is or whoever they are.
    Minium buy is $500 - doesn't matter if your sp is 5c or 50c.

We could of course consolidate 100 to 1 and make it $5.00 a share - but how high do you want to go?

All ye who are calling for a consolidation - here is my call - if we take a 10 to 1 we will come today at 46c --- I will bet your bippy that within 8 weeks it would fall to 30c - and be less, NOT more liquid.

Do we really want that?

I like mkabk's thinking about putting it to bed once and for all - but I fear it is going to be a bad smell for a long time.

It will also be interesting to see what management is working on at the moment with the register - the callers for consolidation might just get what they have been squeaking about -------- they better hope they don't get what they want.

I think people should work out what they want from fml - are they traders? - if so? where is the problem? - if investors - then where is the problem ---- a company with movement like fml has and at the sp it has is a GOLDEN opportunity to build a solid core holding.

My advice to anyone would be this - if you think it is a hard share to trade - go somewhere else - simple.
    But if you want to be in for a long term investment ----- show me a better one to get into - and I will happily look.

Anyway - have a good afternoon - pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 15.0¢ $1.555K 10.36K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2865 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 28886 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.42pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.