ARU 0.00% 16.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Consolidation over, Time to shine, page-39

1. 858 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    @xichicom I am certain phosphoric acid is a very important part of ARU's business, but simply doesn't get investors' juices flowing to the same extent rare earths do.

In essence, ARU recovers rare earths in producing phosphoric acid, not the other way around. I have spoken at length to ARU management about this, and they have adapted a wet phosphoric acid process to suit the fact that Nolans has a resource head grade of 2.6% TREO (unusually high for apatite deposits), including spent acid recovery from downstream processes. That's why I say their decision to adopt a phosphoric acid leach for their apatite mineralization was a Eureka moment for ARU. It was staring them in the face, but up until that point in 2015 or 2106 they had been designing a flowsheet aimed at maximising rare earth recovery, like everyone does in the rare earths game. Instead their upstream focus is now on maximising P2O5 recovery, and they take the rare earths for a ride. From acid bake onwards, the project begins to look more like a regular rare earths recovery/purification process (with the exception of the very smart work they've done in spent acid recovery - a huge part of their OPEX competitiveness).

So a direct comparison between ARU and other projects that produce rare earths only is as meaningless as comparing ASM's multi-element Dubbo project with the same projects.

Onwards and upwards. GLTAH biggrin.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $383.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 16.0¢ $208.3K 1.276M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 1533397 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 568435 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.