JBH 0.58% $65.60 jb hi-fi limited

noomx,I think you missed my point about Buffet's US rail...

1. 6,196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1747
    noomx,

I think you missed my point about Buffet's US rail investment. He didn't invest this year or last year, but in the 1960's when air transport was going to devour the antiquated and inflexible rail networks.

My point (as you picked up subesquently) is that the retail business (as with the rail business) is fundamentally core to the economic growth of western economies. There will be new technologies, new ways of delivering opportunities. But, the fundamentals will generally be the same over the long haul.

JBH, as with HVN and others, operate in an unloved sector of the economy at present. The strong will need to get stronger and the weak (WOW Audio, Sleep City, Dick Smith etc) will go by the wayside.

The negative sentiment will no doubt change. What I am miffed about, but will back up with a big investment, is why burn off the strong players such as JBH that have a good growth story still ahead.

Time will tell who is right. I am backing up my decision with $$'s as I am that confident it will turn around and I don't want to miss out.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.60
Change
-0.380(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $7.172B
Open High Low Value Volume
$66.08 $66.21 $65.60 $11.84M 179.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 234 $65.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.84 94 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.