Conspiracy theory - Dow Futures

1. 228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I would appreciate if someone who knows the mechanical working of the Dow Futures could comment on my concerns in this area. In this part of the world, ie, Australia, New Zealand and most of Asia we are in a dead zone when US/European markets are closed. The ASX often starts re-acting to the Dow Futures as it moves up or down as we trade. Yesterday,19/9/2022 was a case in point. As the day wore on the Dow Futures was getting worse and worse up till our 4pm closing time. So our market got a hammering. Then the actual Dow closes up for the day. Dow Futures, at our market close, were nowhere near the actual close. So this is where I start to wonder. If big institutions here or overseas put in big sell orders on Dow stocks while the US market is closed and our trading window is open, does that affect the Dow Futures? if so, then this depresses our market when we are trading, and gives them buying opportunities since our market goes down. Then. say just before opening time in the USA, they cancel all those sell orders, since they never intended to sell anyway, so no impact to their holdings, and down here today when market bounces back they sell. Any comments appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.