CBH 0.00% 8.9¢ coolabah metals limited

constance range iron ore project , page-2

1. 176 Posts.
    The Constance Range iron ore project is located approximately 40km from the world-class Century Zinc mine in far north Queensland. The area was extensively explored by BHP between 1956 and 1963, with work completed including over 200 drill holes, the sinking of two exploration shafts, underground mining trials and bulk sample extraction for beneficiation test work.

BHP identified a significant sedimentary hematite target at Constance Range, and reported a pre-JORC resource of 245 million tonnes grading 51.3% iron (Fe) and 9.4% silica (SiO 2). (This resource does not comply with current ASX reporting rules for ore reserves and resources, as a proportion of the drill core is not available and survey data requires clarification).
    I found it! So much for being a metallurgist.

Beneficiation and processing test work carried out by BHP indicated that the iron ore was economic to mine and that commercially acceptable iron grades could be achieved after beneficiation.

Commenting further on the announcement, Mr Nichevich said: “At the time, BHP viewed Constance Range as potentially the next prime source of iron ore in Australia, however its focus changed with the discovery of high-grade `direct shipping' ore in the Pilbara region of Western Australia in the 1960s, which changed the course of history for iron ore exploration in Australia. BHP relinquished Constance Range to focus on its Pilbara interests.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 348 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.