GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

I have read all of the articles you posted. Closing ALL mines is...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    I have read all of the articles you posted. Closing ALL mines is not feasible. The mining of manganese has had positive outcomes as well as negative. Manganese is highly toxic and health and safety standards need to be put in place. The new governor wants to protect the landscape and environment and is asserting his authority in the region. A large scale clean up exercise of the miners in this region is needed. I really don't see this being an issue for GMC. GMC is purchasing the manganese off local suppliers, not mining (as of yet).
    Extract from the link I posted.....
    "In contrast, manganese mining in West Timor is managed at the local level for the long-term benefit of the community. While the situation is not perfect and there are examples of environmental degradation, of conflict and health issues and money not wisely spent, the management of these impacts is within the ability of the community to address effectively. Without the involvement of large-scale companies in mining activities, communities are responsible for managing the negative impacts but at the same time have the autonomy to direct the income derived from mining to create empowering local development. "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.