GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

Very selective in your posting from the article. Why didn't you...

1. 12,193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1775
    Very selective in your posting from the article. Why didn't you include....

"Health impacts may also be a concern. Manganese is not a highly toxic metal, being an essential mineral in the human diet. However, if inhaled as dust, it can become dangerous over time. Other minerals may also be present in the soil, particularly in layered deposits, such as uranium and lead, which are highly toxic and need to be considered. Death and injuries from mine collapses were common in Timor in the first few years of mining, but as people have become more aware of the dangers of unstable excavations, accidents have been greatly reduced."

Yes, you are very selective in the sections that you post.... but lets not get in the way of GMC profits

Prosperity denied

Opposition from local communities

After three years of continuous protest, local communities remain opposed to the mine, even though active opposition takes them away from their livelihoods and causes constant distress and disruption. Their commitment is all the more remarkable given the poor roads and lack of transportation and communication facilities on Lembata. Local communities rally to the slogan ‘tolak tambang, harga mati’ (oppose the mine, no compromise). They reason that they do not need mining because there are many other industries that can be developed like aquaculture, agriculture and animal husbandry.

http://www.insideindonesia.org/prosperity-denied

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.