HAV 5.00% 21.0¢ havilah resources limited

Constructive Dialogue: Copper M&A the Cupboard is Nearly Bare, page-5

1. 3,527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1069

The copper sector is primed for further M&A activity during 2020, with dwindling global mine supply, lower Cu grades and a shortage of quality projects in low sovereign risk countries like Australia.

It will be interesting to see if some of these Chinese copper miners (Jiangxi Copper, Zijin Mining Group Co. and China Molybdenum Co.) take a crack at some of the ASX Listed copper miners.

Extracts from Bloomberg article:
    “Copper prices have fallen to near cost and the downsides are limited,” he said. “Easing trade tensions and global monetary loosening are also going to boost demand and prices of the metal.”

"Goldman Sachs commodities team is most bullish on copper for 2020, one of a cluster of banks that expects great things from the metal. After barely rising in 2019, Citigroup predicts that Chinese copper consumption will increase 2.6% next year, powered by gains in [clean energy] grid investment and demand from [EV] autos."

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.
    Last edited by Clark888: 02/01/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.