AN1 0.00% 0.8¢ anagenics limited

consumer health thread, page-37

1. 551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    Thanks for that, Taurean7 and Trae. I agree. It is usually better to have fewer but higher quality posts (longer posts with well-founded information, links, screenshots, etc) than plenty of shorter, "fun', or more "chat like" posts. It is usually better to take some time before sending off a post only to add information in another one. The more posts there are, the more scattered the information becomes. Having plenty of entertaining but less informative posts makes it hard to find the relevant information, and it makes the whole thing appear less serious.

I do believe though that those who do write a lot of "fun" posts also have a genuine interest in the company, and they should have an outlet for their thoughts too. And I must admit that while my own posts are usually rather long and factual, I did quite enjoy the rhyming. Nonetheless, I agree that it would be very beneficial if there were less "casual" posts than actual investment related ones.

Maybe we can all work together to return this forum to be a source of relevant information for existing and prospective shareholders. Just to throw in some more food for thought, let me explain an idea that works well in another forum that I frequent. They have very disciplined users there who all adhere to the following schema:

There are monthly/weekly "In the Media" threads (say, for example, per month) that include all mentions in the news, blogs, articles, newspapers, etc. So for example we could have a "[Info Only] CDY in the Media, 10/2018" thread where only the media mentions are linked with a short summary, but zero discussion.

For those who want to discuss the news, there is the "[Discussion] CDY In the Media, 10/2018" thread where people discuss whatever has been linked in the other thread."

[Discussion] CDY In the Media, June/2018
    [Info Only] CDY in the Media, June/2018

[Discussion] CDY In the Media, July/2018
    [Info Only] CDY in the Media, July/2018

and so on.

This format took a while in the beginning to find acceptance, but it has now been practiced for many years. And funnily, it really works. Everybody sticks to it with discipline. And it allows people to quickly browse all relevant data/articles/info for that week/month while those who want to discuss do so in the discussion thread.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an example of a forum where the community made an effort to improve the quality of the discussion and came up with the above schema. I don't know if it would work here, because the aforementioned forum has moderators who can move the occasional misplaced post to the right thread, and we don't have that here. But maybe we can use it as an inspiration for how the discussion could be more informative.
    Last edited by mightypirate: 06/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AN1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.690M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $336 42K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1457234 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 340000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.19pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AN1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.