CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

conticoal looking at kenya , page-51

1. 5,277 Posts.
    Drill, yes Kenya is a 'mineral' virgin. But what bearing does that have on whether a private coal project there is worth pursuing? No offence, but I think the fact that the world's two largest mining companies - Vale and BHP, and the world's largest coal producer - Coal India - AMONG 16 companies, have appplied to explore there, should be viewed as positive. No doubt they are fully aware of Kenya's 'corrupt virgin' status and know more than you and I about this matter.

As for those land disputes, if one DIGS hard enough, I'm sure land disputes can be found in EVERY country. I've no doubt that Kenya has corruption issues, but Conti are an African coal producer, and dealing with such perceived risks goes with the territory of becoming a much larger southern African coal producer.

And finally, as for cost of land, JSW are paying $422m in Botswana for a block the size of one or two of those Kenyan ones up for grabs. Granted that the JSW block has JORC compliant reserves, but If Conti are successful in their Kenyan application, I doubt they'll even be paying 1% of that $422m. In my eyes that is a CHEAP no-brainer!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.