CHB coca-cola hellenic bottling company s.a.

Well trading in greek coke is rather light in australia. There...

1. 6,716 Posts.
    Well trading in greek coke is rather light in australia. There is often one or two or three traders who are happy to take shares off sellers hands at around 15% discount to whatever the market price is in Athens or New York.

Sometimes one of them is me. You never know when some shareholder such as yourself ducks decides they want to sell out and just sells to whoever has the highest bid. To catch that occaisonal sale, those bidders will skip each other's bid price by 1c at a time so they keep the highest bid to catch any random seller that happens to come along.

These other recent trades I was referring to in my previous post are a different kettle of fish altogether. They seem to me, they are transactions that someone is arranging off market or some kind of intra-broker crossed trade. If the buy bid is sitting there at say $24 and the sell is at $30, then how does a transaction suddenly happen at $26 ? Someone must be simultaneously entering matching buy and sell orders at some predetermined price ( $26 in this scenario ), for the trade to go through with no change at all to the orders visible in the depth screen, and neither a $26 buy nor a $26 sell ever appearing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.