CAB 2.67% $2.19 cabcharge australia limited

Gone ex-div today so falling by about the $0.143 of the grossed...

1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Gone ex-div today so falling by about the $0.143 of the grossed up divvy.

The real news behind London banning Uber is pretty alarming. Uber's blocking of regulatory authorities to monitor the safety of their service should be a clarion call to authorities here. Four Uber drivers have been charged since July with sexual assault in Brisbane; Uber provides an ideal platform for sexual predators.

I suspect Uber will pull teeth to reverse the London ban, and will probably succeed by being forced to put in place new draconian safety measures. Those measures mean Uber will become more and more expensive to the point there'll be not much, if any difference, with registered taxis. Alternatively, less drivers will want to drive for a pittance, with Uber increasingly attracting only drivers desperate enough to do so.

We will see the same thing happen in Australia as governments inflict more regulatory control.

However, CAB still has a limiting business model: when your main business is taxi transactions there is limited growth potential. What CAB should be doing is pushing hard to have access to public transport transactions. For ppl to have to buy a prepaid card to use buses and trains is something out of the Jurassic! Never mind the confusion is causes overseas tourists. A move to paywave is an obvious evolution and CAB could be at the forefront. I suspect they couldn't make 5% on such transactions, but volume alone would make it lucrative. Just a thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.